The purpose of the Community Most Wanted log is to detail some of the things we would most love to get as guide submissions from the community. Sometimes it can be specific pieces of information. At other times it can be ideas for very specific tutorial or informational videos we'd love to see someone create.
Information: Anybody who submits information that we actually incorporate into the guide will be given credit on the specific guide page it was added to. If we receive multiple submissions of the same information, credit will be given to the first person to submit. However, if we use even one shred of information submitted we will give credit, so being more thorough can pay off. Also, we are going to start differentiating between people who made contributions and those who made substantial contributions with a new Special Thanks and Contributions area on every page.
Video Ideas: If you haven't looked through our guide before, we try to incorporate links to Community Videos (labeled as such within the guide) that we deem to be valuable and useful teaching tools for players. These aren't embeds. They are direct links. This way if you have a channel and you want channel views we push players to your vids, which benefits the creator. The direct links in our guide help players because these videos are sometimes hard to track down, so we try to include them as we find them to be convenient to those who want to find info quickly. Check out the guide to see how we give credit and link to videos. We directly link, give the video title and author, and also give a very short rundown of what the viewer can expect and why it's useful.
Send any info, contributions or suggestions to the IPW Guide point of contact, FuriousRGD, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's the list:
- Combos for pretty much all characters. We want the emphasis to be more on bread and butter combos that are useful in actual gameplay over difficult combo-video showcase combos. Please include what situations you use this combo and any modifications to the combo you make for specific situations.
- We would like to create a compiled list of changes that were made to the game from Super Street Fighter 4 to Arcade Edition.
- We would also like to create a compiled list of changes made from Arcade Edition to the December 2011 release of the AE 2012 Patch.
Some characters have bare-bones information or are flat out missing information. Submit any information pertaining to your character of choice that you think needs to be in a guide for players. Remember, we will give more recognition to those who are significantly helpful with contributions. These guides are here to help other players and we want to recognize those who go above and beyond for others.
- Super and Ultra setup videos: We would love to have a video that simply showcases ways to setup specific Supers and Ultras for pretty much every character. It's one thing to tell a player in words but it's far more useful for a new player to also be able to see as many of these as possible in action with a short video. Here are some suggested guidelines: Create a video for one specific Super or Ultra. We'd rather have 3 short videos linked on the page, one for the Super and one for each Ultra, than one video that has several. Keep the "fluff" to a minimum. You can add flair, just don't add a minute of cool intros and outtros for a 2 minute video. Try to keep Input Display and Attack Data on so players can see your inputs and the damage/stun it does. Let the dummy's health completely reset between each technique shown so players can see damage there as well. Use text or speach to tell the viewer what exactly you are illustrating on the video. Also, don't rely on our guide to be complete with regards to information. It likely isn't yet. Aside from those suggestions (designed to help players), let your creativity go wild! We only need one video for each, so if you are first, your video is useful to players and accurate, you get the link. If someone does it better, however, we will replace an existing one with the better one.
- We will add more ideas soon. Have an idea you'd like to pitch to us or have you already created a great vid that you don't see linked on our guide that you feel should be? Send an email to the above addy!