JAB (LIGHT) PUNCH
- Crouching light punch is Sagat's fastest normal (3 frame start-up) and is also special cancelable, making it one of his best normal moves. Use this to counter throw attempts.
STRONG (MEDIUM) PUNCH
- Crouching medium punch has fair range, speed and is special cancelable which makes it a solid poke. You can follow up with crouching jab for a combo.
- Jumping medium punch is one of Sagat's best jump in attacks due to its priority and the fact that it stays active for a very long time, enabling it to beat out or trade with many anti air attacks.
FIERCE (HARD) PUNCH
- Crouching fierce punch has similar range to crouching medium kick making it ideal for punishing the opponents wiffed moves.
- Jump forward fierce punch is another great jump in for Sagat, and works very well as an air-to-air move. It will beat moves such as M. Bisons head stomp and Akuma's demon flips.
SHORT (LIGHT) KICK
- Crouching light kick has fair range and leaves Sagat at frame advantage on block (+3) or hit (+6), making it ideal to set up tick throws. You can also mix it up by follow up with crouching medium punch which creates a frame trap, allowing a counter hit if the opponent tries to throw or do any non-invincble move.
FORWARD (MEDIUM) KICK
- Far standing medium kick is a good poke that goes over many low attacks.
- Crouching Medium Kick moves Sagat forward slightly, allowing him to intercept pokes. C. MK is also special cancelable, making it useful in many combos.
- Vertical jump medium kick acts as an overhead and is very useful once you have the opponent cornered. Performing vertical jump MK just as you leave the ground will act as instant overhead.
ROUNDHOUSE (HARD) KICK
- Standing hard kick is an amazing anti air and is also two hits, making it ideal for quickly armor breaking certain moves and punishing Focus Attacks.
- Towards + Roundhouse Kick (F+RH) is an excellent move to catch jumping opponents. Landing an anti-air F+RH can inflict an insane amount of damage, because you can follow up with another and finish with an Ultra. You can also cancel F+RH in its first few frames to kara certain special moves such as his Tiger Uppercut and Knee giving both moves extended range.
TOWARDS + SHORT (LIGHT) KICK
- Stepping light kick that hits low.
- Used for kara cancel special moves. Goes farther than karaing with F+RH but is a bit slower. Easiest normal to kara special moves with.
- Follow up with crouching jab for a combo. 1 Frame link, 2 Frame link on Counter hit.
TOWARDS + ROUNDHOUSE (HARD) KICK
- Stepping roundhouse kick that hits opponents out of air. (follow up with another F+RH or a Tiger Knee for a combo)
- Used to kara cancel special moves. Although the range when karaing special moves with F+RH is shorter than F+LK, it is faster.
TOWARDS + FIERCE (HARD) PUNCH
- Overhead attack.