- Crouching light punch is one of Ryu's best normal attacks, allowing him to start many combos and set up tick throws.
- Crouching medium punch is a solid poke which also sets up many combo opportunities.
- Jumping Medium punch is a good air-to-air move which allows him to follow up with an Ultra or EX Fireball on hit.
- Crouching fierce punch is slow and unsafe even on hit
- Can be used during poke-strings to catch people teching/crouch-teching
- It will stand up the opponent character during combos allowing followups such as hurricane kicks that whiff versus a crouching opponent
- Crouching light kick, although not as fast as crouching light punch, is still a good combo starter when in close.
- Crouching medium kick is one of his best pokes, if not the best, allowing him to apply a lot of pressure when comboing into his Hadouken.
- Crouching hard kick is a mid-range fast knockdown move and sets up the nasty wakeup games
- Is unsafe to many supers and ultras if blocked
FORWARD + STRONG PUNCH
- Two hit ground overhead with slow start-up and no real follow-ups, but is needed against a very tightly defensive player.
SOLAR PLEXUS STRIKE
FORWARD + FIERCE PUNCH
- Two hit punch that moves Ryu forward. You can combo after it with a dragon punch and also many of his normal moves such as crouching strong and crouching fierce.