This new BlazeBlue game for DSi seems to resemble a PowerStone-esque game more so than a traditional competitive fighting game. Even so I'm sure the hardcore BlazBlue fans will be happy about this.
I’ve been in the top 5 French Soul Calibur players since I was 10 years old and ranked top 10 in the world tournaments I participated like World Game Cup 2004 (ranked 4th) Evo 2009 (9th) and World Game Cup Cannes in March 2010 (9th).
How did you fall into gaming, and how long have you been playing fighting games?
I fell into gaming thanks to my brothers Maxi and Kero who were some of the best Tekken players in Europe when I was around 7-9 years old. They made me try Tekken when I was 7 years old, I didn’t like the game very much but at this age I was able to beat some of their friends that played the game.
After that, Soul Calibur 1 came out, and I definitely fell in love with the character Xianghua that made me love this game. My brother Maxi brought me in a video game shop to play against people and I beat them all, they were very surprised and my brother was amused.
And then at 9 years old, we got Dead or Alive 2 on PS2 and Tekken Tag. My brothers played Tekken Tag whereas I trained alone in DOA2 against the computer. I asked my brother to play with me and they said : “Train alone because I don’t want to beat you too easily! I’ll come to see you later to see how you play.”
More details are surfacing for Street Fighter x Tekken from Famitsu via AndriaSang.
- Development of the game started just two months prior to the reveal at Comic-Con.
- Game wont be released for a while -- two years at least -- look forward to 2012!
- Next major reveal to be expected around Captivate next year.
- Initially planning on putting in early generation characters from each franchise into the game.
- Standard 6-button layout is planned for the game along with a "assist" or beginner mode of some sorts.
- Both the CAPCOM and NAMCO versions being developed independently from each other -- seen as a "competition not a collaboration" according to Computer and Video Games.
Since the Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition has been revealed I thought it high time I made this post I'd been meaning to make for months.
At the very end of last year an Arcade called Game Spot Versus (once Game Inn Sakura) in Tokyo started a 'Danisen League' or better put a 'Dan Ranking League'. Since then it's popularity has exploded and spread to include several more top flight arcades:
- Game Spot Verus (Tokyo)
- GAME41 (Sapporo)
- POPY (Niigata)
- Game Box Q2 (Nagoya)
- Gamespace Vegas (Osaka)
- Subculture (Fukuoka)
- Amusement Sendai (Hokkaido)
- ゲームインナハⅡ (Okinawa)
Even Denjin Arcade has begun it's own Danisen League.
Why the popularity? Well, it's a much more fun and entertaining set-up than straight tournaments or ranking battles, both for players and especially spectators. It's similar to the Virtua Fighter ranking system if anyone's familiar with it but here's how it works.
CAPCOM announced today at Comic-Con that new alternate costumes will be coming to Super Street Fighter 4 and few images of the alts just surfaced via NeoGAF. Some of the new outfits are kind of hard to make out but it looks like they are finally giving fans what they want with Chun-Li's alternate being her Alpha costume.
CAPCOM just released the trailer for STREET FIGHTER x TEKKEN with a slew of screenshots as well.
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN
- "A time for a new fighting era has begun."
- 2v2 Fighting Game, Characters can "Tag Out" during Ultra animations.
- Two versions, one developed by CAPCOM and the other developed by NAMCO.
- "Won't be out for a while, enjoy MVC3 while you wait."
SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4
- Official CAPCOM Online Tournaments for Super Street Fighter 4 using the Tournament Mode.
- Many more costumes for Super Street Fighter 4 characters on the way.
- CAPCOM trying to recreate the same "look and feel" of the console version of Super Street Fighter 4 for the Nintendo 3DS.
- New characters wont be announced until Tokyo Game Show.
STREET FIGHTER III: THIRD STRIKE, ONLINE EDITION
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Announced
- Ono says the game "will not come out in the immediate future, but the game is coming back."
- Mentions players should voice their opinions and suggestions to Seth at Capcom-Unity
New videos of both Thor and Amaterasu surfaced today showcasing gameplay for both characters! Thanks to MAGUS1234 for the heads ups.
This week we have a different kind of update for our Super Street Fighter 4 guides! We've teamed up with SF4Tube.com to bring everyone match up videos for each character. The way it works, is by going to each characters guide, you can view matches of that character versus any other character in the cast. This is of course not only helpful for learning match ups but deciding if you want to pick up a certain character in the first place. The videos are automatically updated as well so you can keep checking back from time to time to see new matches for each character.
Below is an example of how it works -- this is the Ryu match up video selector. To view any other character, just access their page on the Super Street Fighter 4 Strategy Guide.
RYU MATCH VIDEOS
Here's some video of the Japanese Super Street Fighter 4 arcade location test. At the 10:10 mark you clearly see the character select screen with the two extra slots.
Yo! It's been a long time but we are back with the fifth episode of the iPlayWinner Podcast! Pherai comes on as a full time host now in the hopes to finally bring everyone a semi-regular podcast. I of course join in for some discussions as well, and here are a few of the topics we cover:
- EVO2K10 Experiences
- EVO Live Stream & the sense of entitlement currently in the Street Fighter community.
- Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Japanese Tier Lists vs North American Tier Lists
- ... and many more nonsensical ramblings from both of us!
The second half of the podcast is an interview with Vance "Vangief" Wu and we talk to him about his experience at EVO2K10 and making top 8 with Zangief. He tells us about how he came up and what he does to practice and get better, so thanks again to Vance for spending some time with us on the podcast!
Oichi over at VersusCity posted up an image of the character select screen from the Super Street Fighter 4 arcade location test that is going down in Japan this weekend. As you'll see there are two new character slots -- who could it be?
Today a new interview was posted with everyone's favorite EVO2k10 champ Daigo "The Beast" Umehara.
In August, you’ll be entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest winning pro gamer in the world.
Games aren’t really recognized around the world, so to be in a book that I’ve read since I was a child, and to gain recognition from others outside the gaming world makes me very happy.
How does it feel to be called a pro gamer?
It doesn’t feel any different from when I was playing games before I was a pro gamer.
Fresh from his victory at EVO in Las Vegas, MadCatz sponsored Daigo Umehara will be attending Super VS Battle in London, August 20th-22nd. Numerous players are coming from all over Europe, including the likes of Luffy, LordDVD, StarNab, Evans, Kayane, Renegad from Paris, Yagami from Sweden and a lot more. PR Balrog will be in attendance and more Americans are expected.
Here is the list of games and schedule:
DAY 1: Fri 20th Aug 2010 (Groups)
Venue will open at 10:00
Super Street Fighter 4 (XBOX 360)
Soul Calibur 4 (Playstation 3)
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Playstation 3)
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (Playstation 2)
Looking to grab some hot new gear for back to school, or to rock at your favorite gaming event? Well, BROKENTIER has you covered! They've restocked their most popular designs, and have released 5 brand new colors, for their "TIGER" and "MASH UNTIL IT WORKS" shirts, along with bringing back their most requested shirt, the Gold Foil TIGER shirt. These colors are limited edition, and are no longer available after 7/23, so be sure to hurry!
Comic book writer Frank Tieri has been announced to be the writer for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Some of his previous works include writing for Wolverine, Civil War: War Crimes, and World War Hulk: Gamma Corps. Capcom Unity has posted a Q&A with him. If you are looking for insight into the game's writing and into the man himself, check it out. Here's a tasty bit from the end though:
"There’s two things that really stand out for me with this game. The first is the roster. I mean, I was floored by who was included in this, on both sides. I was literally at times “Whoa… they put THAT guy in there?!”. And that’s not even talking about the end boss… man, that’s really going to be a treat.
The second is the pure speed of the thing-- it’s so friggin’ fast! There’s characters that are jumping in and out and doing moves with such speed, they don’t even have time to finish the lines I wrote for ‘em at times! I’m telling you, fans are going to LOVE playing this game."
Read the rest of the Q&A here at Capcom Unity.
Two new characters have been revealed for Marvel vs Capcom 3 via Marvel.com. The new characters are Thor from Marvel and Amaterasu from Okami! All of the following artwork and screenshots are courtesy of Marvel.com. Thanks to Lexxxington for the tip!
Here's the official artwork:
Several screenshots showing both of these characters in action have also been uploaded. Also, new screenshots showing previously announced characters were also uploaded. Here they are:
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Four New Characters Revealed! New Stages. Trailers Included. See New Following Article for Screens and Art
Just in time for Comic-Con, Capcom has revealed four new characters for Marvel vs Capcom 3! The new characters are:
- Chun-Li (Capcom): Needs no introduction. Returns from Marvel vs Capcom 2.
- Trish (Capcom): From Devil May Cry 4. Go here for info from a Wiki. New character.
- Doctor Doom (Marvel): The famous villian from the Fantastic Four. Returns from Marvel vs Capcom 2.
- Super Skrull (Marvel): Super Skrull is another major villian from the Fantastic Four. He is from an alien race called the Skrulls, and the Super Skrull has been augmented with all of the powers of the Fantastic Four. Those hoping the Fantastic Four would somehow be in the game, this is going to make that somewhat redundant. Go here for more Wiki info. New character.
UPDATE: New Stages: From looking at the vids and screenshots, it looks like new stages are also here.
- One has you fighting on the deck of a carrier. The S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier is clearly in the background. It's been a while since I collected comics, but are there multiple Helicarriers now? Click here for info on the carrier.
- There is a stage that is set in an environment from Resident Evil.
Here's an announcement trailer. 2 more trailers are available by clicking through to the full article.
Click Through for 2 more trailers!