Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition's latest patch is still in the works but developer Iron Galaxy Studios have confirmed what will be part of major fix at this point.
While not a full list, Iron Galaxy CEO Dave Lang mentioned key elements from the initial patch plan that are confirmed to be resolved or added including a revamped networking system such as improved netcode and ping rates, player indication, glitch fixes and super art length. Some concerns such as gameplay speed have not been mentioned since Iron Galaxy haven't gone to look into the issues yet.
You can check out the full list of what Lang mentioned that will be part of the patch after the jump!
- We were able to successfully address the Netcode complaints. The Netcode is identical to what’s in MvCO, which has received a great response thus far.
- Replaced Ping colors with numbers (in milliseconds).
- We added matchmaking filters for Region, Opponent Skill, and Ping. This works like MvCO, where they are managed from a separate screen for all online game modes.
- Lobbies can be created to limit players to the same region you are in.
- Fixed the 8-max lobby problem on PS3.
- Added ability to “Mute All” on PS3. 360 players can handle this through the Guide.
- Super Art gauges are now the correct length.
- Fixed the color of Urien’s reflector for Player 2.
- Fixed Ryu’s bag not flopping over correctly.
- Added ability to turn off Challenges that appear on the side of the screen.
- The Difficulty setting now affects Arcade Mode.
- Fixed the visual glitch in Remy’s stage with Scan Lines on.
- Added some graphics to indicate player color during mirror matches. We didn’t end up altering the character portraits, but instead put some colored lines next to it. This ended up looking better, and still achieves the goal of showing which player is what color(s).
- Added “Disable Stun” to training options.
- Defaulted Gill to “Banned” in Player Match.
- The selection highlight remembers the last super you selected in multi-match modes. It doesn’t auto-pick it, the cursor just starts off on the last-selected super.
- Rank should no longer get reset to 0.
- Put Ready/Unready on separate controller buttons in lobby.
- Fixed the Poison color being incorrect for Player 2.
- Fixed some random locks/hangs.
- Made some changes to how the leaderboards get updated on PS3.
- YouTube uploads on 360 will be at 360p now.