Another quick update for everyone wondering what's good in Japan: the top 10 most profitable arcade fighting games courtesy of Arcadia Magazine! Fubarduck and Marden hit Akihabara today -- the nerd heaven district in Tokyo -- and picked up the latest issue that gives us the full rundown.
Persona 4: Arena came in first and to no surprise. Pretty much every arcade I've been to has atleast one cab -- many times two to four -- and someone is playing it. More than that, it seems to attract every type of person as you'll see everyone from your typical young male on the sticks to females in their early to mid-twenties who are just as fierce.
Outside of the franchise being very popular, I think it's played so much due to its accessibility. It's pretty easy to pick up and start busting out combos though there is a lot going on with the system mechanics that should satisfy more hardcore fighting game fans as well.
While P4: Arena being at the top of the list is a given, some of the other games in the top 10 might surprise you. Check it out after the jump!
1. Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
2. Gundam vs Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost
3. Tekken Unlimited Tag Tournament 2
4. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
5. Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012
6. AquaPazza: AquaPlus Dream Match
7. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
8. Dragonball Zenkai Battle Royale
9. BlazBlue Continuum Shift II
10. Guilty Gear Accent Core XX