« NorCal Knock-Outs! - UMVC3 & KOFXIII Invitational Tournament Presented by STA x IPW - Sunday, April 22nd »
NorCal Knock-Outs - Special Invitational KOFXIII & UMVC3 Tournament
Sunday, April 22nd - $250 Pot Bonus for Each Game!
Presented by IPLAYWINNER x Southtown Arcade
This month is Southtown Arcade's 1 year anniversary and to celebrate we're putting together a very special invitational tournament for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII and ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3. Both will be an 8-man double elimination tournament with a $250 pot bonus for each game!
Four players for each game have been pre-selected to compete in this tournament but the other four will be decided by you! That's right, we're opening up a community vote to determine the remaining spots! We will be tallying up votes over the next week and I will announce the results of said vote come next week live on IPW TV.
Hit the jump to see which players made the cut and information on how to vote!
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII (PLAYSTATION 3)
ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (PLAYSTATION 3)
UMVC3: IGL HonzoGonzo, STA WindZero, X-Ray, Pedro Morales
KOFXIII: BBZ, ON MichelS, Fixel, Pain
FORMAT FOR COMMUNITY VOTE:
- ONE VOTE PER PERSON; MULTIPLE OR FRAUDULENT VOTES WILL BE DISCARDED.
- A VALID TWITTER OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED TO VOTE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- COMPETITORS ARE LIMITED TO ONE GAME ONLY. EXAMPLE: If Player A is voted in to King of Fighters AND Marvel, then Player A will be asked to choose which game they would like to compete in. The remaining spot in the other game will be awarded to the player with the second-highest vote count.
- IN THE EVENT OF A TIE VOTE: STA and IPW will pick the winner by drawing names out of a hat; each player will have approximately five (5) slips in the hat. All selections are final and there will not be a re-draw.
- Deadline for Votes: April 17th, 12PM PST
Why is this invite only?
While ranbats and majors are the heart of this community, we feel there is room for various other types of fighting game events as well. Invitational tournaments allow us to highlight local players and produce streams that can more easily inform spectators about the game and the competitors!
Why are those players included?
The initial players selected were chosen mostly because of their standings at STA tournaments. We took various other local tournament into consideration as well.
Why is there a voting system?
Obviously, not every player you want to see compete is on the list. This gives you the power to get your favorite NorCal players in the mix and also encourages these same players to get their name out there to rack up votes.
I don't like any of the players that are in this tournament. Will there be more so I can hopefully watch X player compete?
This is what we hope to be the first of many so please support NorCal Knock-outs and we'll see about doing more down the line.
Why do the players have to pay to enter?
This simply increases the prize pot and ensures each player has something on the line which always results in hype matches!
Why do I have to pay to spectate?
As you know, Southtown Arcade has limited space so to ensure we have enough room for the players and production team we put a spectator fee in place. Of course, feel free to stay home and watch the stream for free!
Does my girlfriend have to pay if she wants to watch the matches?
Nope! Ladies can spectate for free!
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- BRING YOUR OWN STICKS.
- Double-elimination, 8-man bracket
- All participants must be invited by organizers or voted in by the community.
NO AT-THE-DOOR SIGN-UPS. DON'T EVEN TRY.
- $25 entry fee per player ($5 venue, $20 to the pot)
$250 pot bonus PER GAME provided by IPLAYWINNER and Southtown Arcade
Payout is standard 70/20/10, 1st-3rd Place
- $5 spectator fee
Participants are allowed ONE FREE +1; otherwise, $5 per spectator
NO EXCEPTIONS. The tournament will be streamed on IPW's Twitch channel;
if you don't want to pay, please stay home.
- Southtown standard Tournament Rules apply; please refer to the Ranbat
rulesets available on http://southtownarcade.com/
- Southtown Arcade and IPLAYWINNER reserve the right to deny entry to anyone
for any reason and change any of the rules above at any time, with or with