Capcom released a bunch of new info about the Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken, and most of it is great news for PS3 owners. The Vita version can be played multiplayer — locally or via Wi-Fi or 3G — against other Vita players or even against PS3 players. Also, Capcom will allow those who buy the Vita version to download all of the additional characters for free on their PS3.
Check out the new trailers and info straight from the press release after the break!
- 55 Playable Characters – In addition to the robust roster of 43 characters from the PS3 version, the PS Vita version features 12 new playable characters Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy and Sakura from the Street Fighter side, and Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong from the Tekken side. For players who choose to own the PS Vita version and already have the PlayStation 3 version of the game, they will receive these additional 12 characters as free DLC.
- Cross-Platform Play – Portable gaming has reached a new level. Cross-Platform Play allows PS Vita players of Street Fighter X Tekken to compete against PS3 players.
- Accessible Touch Controls – New control schemes will be added which utilize the PS Vita’s touch screen capabilities. Additionally, now menus can be manipulated using touch screen controls as well.
- PS Vita and PS3 Data Sharing – All DLC purchased on the PS3 version can be used on the PS Vita version, and vice versa. Additionally, edited and customized data on the PS Vita version can be transferred to the PS3 version via a save data link.
- Multiplayer Mayhem – Pick your battles and compete against others locally, online through Wi-Fi networks, or through the PS Vita’s 3G connection.
- But Wait, There’s More! – New modes, features, and game content will be revealed right up until the release in fall 2012… so, stay tuned!