- St.A is a typical anti hop tool that covers a decent amount of space in front of Mr. Karate.
- Cr.A, while a good blockstring normal, pales in comparison to his st.B. Could possibly be useful to maintain a little more frame advantage during run pressure.
- St.B hits low and does a great amount of hit and block stun, despite the fact that it is a light attack. Use this in blockstrings and hitconfirms; opponents might even forget that it is a low. Cancellable into f+A for a full combo.
- Cr.B is a typical low kick that ducks under certain jump ins and can lead into full combo. Cancel into st.B, and continue into combo
- Far st.C functions like most other far standing C's in this game. Anti hop at a certain further range, and is a good overall poke against opponents looking to stick out mid body horizontal pokes. Super jump cancellable for those who want to, and super cancellable for SF:3S style hit confirms.
- Cl.C is not that great of a normal - you can't really use it as an anti air as Kyo or Iori use theirs'. This normal, however, benefits Mr. Karate players if they choose to use this to reset, as super jump cancelling this normal from an air reset will automaticallly time a safe jump onto the reset opponent.
Seiken Sandan Tsuki: f + A
Sokutou-geri: f + B
Kohou: DP + P (EX)
Kohou Brake (During HP Kohou): LP + LK
Shouran Kyaku: HCB + K
Hakyokujin: QCB + P
Zanretuken: f,b,f + P
Hien Shippuu Kyaku (Mid air): HCF + K
Ko-Ou Ken: QCF + P
Kokyaku (During HP Ko-Ou Ken) f,f
Haoh Shikou Ken: FHCF + P
Ryuuko Ranbu: QCFHCB + P
Kyokugen Kohou: QCFx2 + K
Kishin Sanga Geki: QCBHCF + A + C