- Great anti-air normals make him hard to jump-in on.
- Dhalsim's slide, yoga tower, and yoga drill allow him to avoid projectiles.
- Low stanima, weak reversals, difficult setups, and low damage tend to make Dhalsim a hard character to just pick up and play
- Instant air teleports are an intermediate technique and essential in high level play.
- His ability to throw out a yoga fire and also follow up with a long range normal move makes it hard to approach Dhalsim, this also makes it hard to focus attack and gain ground on him.
- Ultra can be used to get out of a bad situation or create one for your opponent and has good recovery.